- Robotic surgery is always performed by our experienced surgeons at Desert West Surgery
The da Vinci Si is a surgical platform that uses small, precise, minimally invasive tools entirely controlled by specially trained surgeons. This system offers the surgeon more exact movements and a far wider range of motion within the small surgical site. While this system offers a 3D HD vision system, better control and state-of-the art technology, surgeons are 100% in control of their movements.
- Robotic surgery means smaller and fewer scars.
Since surgeons only need 2 or 3 small incisions to successfully complete surgery with the da Vinci Si surgical system, larger, more invasive incisions are now a thing of the past. These small incisions heal much more quickly and resolve with far less scarring.
- Robotic surgery results in less pain or risk of infection.
Minimally invasive surgery results in smaller incisions and much less pain during healing and recovery. Also, since less internally is exposed thanks to these smaller incisions, the risk of dangerous infection is reduced dramatically.
- Robotic surgery results in a quicker recovery period and shorter hospital stay.
Once again, due to the smaller incisions, patients tend to recover much more quickly from robotic surgery. A much smaller area of the body is involved, removed or cut, which means the patient has less to recover from. Post-operative hospital stays typically last no longer than 24 hours, and patients return to normal activities within days of the procedure.
- Robotic surgery treats colon and gastrointestinal conditions.
At Desert West Surgery, we offer a number of minimally invasive robotic surgeries. These include:
- Colon Surgery (Colectomy): Removal of part or all of your colon
- Rectal Surgery Or Low Anterior Resection (LAR): Removal of part of the colon or rectum where there is cancer.
- Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy): Removal of the gallbladder
- Hernia Repair Surgery: Surgical operation for the correction of a hernia (a bulging of internal organs or tissues through the wall that contains it.)